Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Unexceptable

I find it troubling when I watch the news and am filled with images of death and despair.  Parents killing their children, and children killing their parents.  I am led in particular to a very recent tragedy, Camden Pierce Hughes.  I know that there has to be something psychologically wrong with a person for them to commit such a crime.  I mean there would have to be right?  No one in their right mind would take the life of their child if they were sane. Right?  I just can't imagine what goes through the head of people who do this.  If you take a moment to just google something like "mother kills child" or "father kills kid" or even "child kills...." you will be amazed at the amount of hits you will receive.  I look into the eyes of my children every night, and the love I have for them over flows, I could never imagine what thoughts enter the brains of people who take the lives of their children. In fact, the very thought of it makes me angry, and enrages me.  How could you take the life of someone you worked so hard to bring into the world?  A gift from above, and angel, an innocent being who knows nothing but the love and trust of its parents, how could you take that life away?

No comments:

Post a Comment